Android Mobile Platform
Android is a mobile operating system running on the Linux kernel. It was initially developed by Google and
later the Open Handset Alliance. It allows developers to write managed code in the Java language, controlling the device
via Google-developed Java libraries. The unveiling of the Android platform on 5 November 2007 was announced with the founding
of the Open Handset Alliance, a consortium of 48 hardware, software, and telecom companies devoted to advancing open standards
for mobile devices. Google released most of the Android code under the Apache License, a free-software and open source license.
Android OS is innovative platform that become a significant impact for mobile OS market. In short terms platform become
very popular and take significant market share. It opens to developers community, approaches and Google name give "green
light" for many hardware and software vendors.
ArtfulBits company become such vendor and providing right now great number of software development services for Android
platform. ArtfulBits start Android branch at the moment of first Android phone release - 23 September 2008. And from that
moment successfully implement and release several own and commercial product for own customers.
- VoIP (SIP, STUN / TURN / ICE, RTP, SRTP, SSL / TLS)
- Personal Finance (WebServices, SOAP, XML, DB)
- Localization (Android Internals patching, BiDi, RTL)
- Software Libraries
ArtfulBits offers a complete range of development services, including:
- Analysis, architecture & concept design, prototyping
- OS integration and extensions
- Migration and porting from/to other mobile platforms (iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian OS)
- Applied graphical design
- Localization (English, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian)
- Testing & maintenance
- Product licensing and protection solutions
- Live support
- Research and prototyping
ArtfulBits is a registered member of Motorola®
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding
ArtfulBits experience in Android area.