whitespace COMPANY whitespace SERVICES whitespace PRODUCTS whitespace PURCHASE whitespace SUPPORT whitespace CONTACTS whitespace Home whitespace Contact Us whitespace Site Map whitespace
whitespace
SUPPORT
whitespace
FORUM
whitespace
FAQS
whitespace
SUBSCRIPTION
whitespace
REQUEST ON-LINE
whitespace
whitespace

Technical Support Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Events Failing to Open for One User Options · View
kesterl
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:40:25 PM

Groups: Registered

We have implemented the ArtfulBits Calendar web part, and I am able to use it without any difficulty. If I want to open an event, not edit it, I can click on the hyperlinked title of the event, and it opens. Another user, however, has found that she cannot open an event this way. If she tries, the page refreshes and no longer displays the page title in the browser tab, but the event never opens. The only way to see the content of the event is to click the Edit button. Also when she tries unsuccessfully to open the event, she sometimes unintentionally moves the event to a different day even though she has not dragged the mouse while clicking!

If we modify the web part so that "Allow drag items on-the-fly" is not checked, then the user is able to open events without any problem. But we lose the dragging functionality.

We are both using Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421, and we are both site collection administrators. Perhaps there is a browser setting or something else on her machine that we need to adjust?

Please advise,
Karen L. Esterl
Emory University
stets
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:01:12 PM

Hi Karen,

We are not able to reproduce this issue on our side. It is really strange behavior. Please provide more details about this issue:

1) What version of calendar web part are you using (Cental Administration -> Artfulbits License Manager -> ArtfulBits Calendar web Part )
2) Is it reproduced in other browser (Mozilla, Google Chrome) of that machine?
3) What Browse Mode and Document Mode is used on IE (open SharePoint Site -> press F12 -> see Browser Mode, Document Mode in IE Developer tools - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/katriend/archive/2010/10/24/quick-tip-changing-document-and-browser-mode-with-developer-toolbar-internet-explorer-9.aspx)? Also please check UA string: IE dev tool -> Tools -> Change user agent string (http://media.netmagazine.futurecdn.net/files/images/2011/06/F12/ua-changer-custom.jpg).
4) Please, clear browser cache and let me know whether this issue is still reproduced.

Please let me know the details.
kesterl
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:55:47 PM

Turns out bullet 3 of your questions is relevant. User discovered she was in compatibility view. When she changed the browser mode to standard IE 9, the problem was fixed. Thanks for your prompt response!