whitespace COMPANY whitespace SERVICES whitespace PRODUCTS whitespace PURCHASE whitespace SUPPORT whitespace CONTACTS whitespace Home whitespace Contact Us whitespace Site Map whitespace
whitespace
SUPPORT
whitespace
FORUM
whitespace
FAQS
whitespace
SUBSCRIPTION
whitespace
REQUEST ON-LINE
whitespace
whitespace

Technical Support Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Sharepoint Link To Document Options · View
jchilde
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 6:18:30 AM

Groups: Registered

I am trying to upgrade the link to document column feature from version 1.12 to the latest 1.3 version. After loggin in as the farm administrator, I run the setup.exe program as an administrator, select the upgrade function, and get the following error. Any help would be appreciated.

***** FEATURE DEACTIVATION *****
***** SOLUTION UPGRADE *****
***** ERROR *****
Timeout error
ArtfulBits.SharePointInstaller.InstallException: Timeout error ---> ArtfulBits.SharePointInstaller.InstallException: Timeout error
at ArtfulBits.SharePointInstaller.InstallProcessControl.WaitForJobCompletionCommand.Execute()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ArtfulBits.SharePointInstaller.InstallProcessControl.WaitForJobCompletionCommand.Execute()
at ArtfulBits.SharePointInstaller.InstallProcessControl.TimerEventInstall(Object myObject, EventArgs myEventArgs)
stets
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 9:45:55 AM

Hello,

Timer job is added during upgrading in order to upgrade the solution. Seems like this timer job has not finished running during approximately 10 minutes.

To resolve this please do the following:
1) Open Central Administration --> System Settings --> Farm Management --> Manage farm solutions --> artfulbits.sitecolumns.linltodocument.wsp and cancel deployment job (if job is not finished yet).
2) Restart your SharePoint Timer Service
3) Uninstall Link to Document using our installer (check "Remove" option during installation)
4) Install Link to Document v1.3 to target Web applications.

Sorry for inconveniences caused.

- Yura
jchilde
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 1:10:02 PM

I followed your directions below. The timer job had not finished.

When running the 1.12 installation program, I get the same error after selecting "remove" (see below).

***** FEATURE DEACTIVATION *****
***** SOLUTION RETRACTION *****
***** ERROR *****
Timeout error
ArtfulBits.SharePointInstaller.InstallException: Timeout error ---> ArtfulBits.SharePointInstaller.InstallException: Timeout error
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ArtfulBits.SharePointInstaller.InstallProcessControl.TimerEventInstall(Object myObject, EventArgs myEventArgs)
stets
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 1:19:37 PM

You can remove it using Central Administration.
Open Central Administration --> System Settings --> Farm Management --> Manage farm solutions --> artfulbits.sitecolumns.linktodocument.wsp
Then retract and remove the solution.

Then restart SharePoint Timer Service and then install Link to Document using our installer.

- Yura
jchilde
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 11:19:07 PM

As it turns out, my problem had nothing to do with artful bits. I had a much bigger problem that was structural to Sharepoint.