whitespace COMPANY whitespace SERVICES whitespace PRODUCTS whitespace PURCHASE whitespace SUPPORT whitespace CONTACTS whitespace Home whitespace Contact Us whitespace Site Map whitespace
whitespace
SUPPORT
whitespace
FORUM
whitespace
FAQS
whitespace
SUBSCRIPTION
whitespace
REQUEST ON-LINE
whitespace
whitespace

Technical Support Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Module ''com.artfulbits.aicharts' not found error Options · View
spradeesh
#1 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 11:45:32 AM

Groups: Registered

Hi Team

I downloaded the trial version of aicharts valid until 1st oct. I did all the steps mentioned in the user guide. Am using Blackberry JDE 4.7 version. In my eclipse, i dont have an option of importing "Existing blackberry projects in workspace".

So i created a new project, and added the required files ( *.java, *.jar and *.lic ) specified in user guide. Once i finished all the steps, when i try to run, am getting "Module 'com.artfulbits.aicharts' not found" error. and am getting warning "singing required : RIM Runtime API (0x52525400) Protected class net.rim.device.api.system.Display"

What i have to do here. Plz help me to fix this issue.
Baydalka Volodymyr
#2 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 12:59:42 PM

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Hi,

Make sure that step 5 is completed - "... Switch to Order and Export and mark aiCharts.jar...".

Best regards,
Volodymyr Baydalka
Andriod development and support team
spradeesh
#3 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 5:01:03 PM

Hi Volodymyr

Thanks for your quick reply. I did all those steps. And i am getting alot of warnings that all the methods in aicharts are not invoked. Even after that, am getting java.null pointer exception now.

Note : I got error on compiling the code in the following line.

area.getDefaultAxis().getFormat().SetFormat("dd/MM");

So i changed to

area.getDefaultAxis().getFormat().format("dd/MM");

When i tried in the blackberry JDE, am getting the same error "Module 'com.artfulbits.aicharts' not found error"

Baydalka Volodymyr
#4 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:12:11 PM

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Hi,

1)
Quote:
am getting warning "singing required : RIM Runtime API (0x52525400) Protected class net.rim.device.api.system.Display"

Some samples use Display class to determine screen size. That API requires specific application signature. You may define size of ChartField manually (ChartField.setSize(width,heiight))

2)
Quote:
Note : I got error on compiling the code in the following line.

area.getDefaultAxis().getFormat().SetFormat("dd/MM");

Method SetFormat was removed from beta version of aiCharts. Consider to use following code instead:

Code:
area.getDefaultXAxis().setFormat( new SimpleDateFormat("dd/MM"))

Please, check the attached tutorial to create aiCharts sample.

File Attachment(s):
tutorial.zip (568kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
Volodymyr Baydalka
Andriod development and support team
spradeesh
#5 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 12:21:25 PM

Hi Baydalka

Thanks for your help. It works perfect now. Thanks alot again. What my requirement is, my client app will be a light weight one, which will access the Middleware ( Server ) for all the transaction / generation. What i planned to do is, i ( Server ) wil generate the chart and make it as an image and push it to the client thru webservice. Is that possible. If so, Confirm the below one for license.

What i want to know here is whether we need only one server license or we need to get client license for each n every device.. I dont think that we need to get client side license and all.

Thanks in advance.
pturchenko
#6 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 4:12:07 PM

Groups:

Hi. Unfortunately aiCharts is a client-side library to render graphs. If you intent to render chart on the server side, you don't really need our library. However, it would make much more sense if your server would generate data, and you visualize it on the client. This way you enable client's interaction with graphs, multiple resolution support and much more. We strongly encourage you to go this way.
spradeesh
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:17:42 PM

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply. I have a doubt on this. Do we need to purchase more than 1 developer license. I can share the (.lic) file with the other systems with in my concern..rite.. Plz clarify.
alexk
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:21:21 PM

Please read license agreement carefully.

It says: each developer involved into project development should have own purchased developer license.

But we do not apply any fees on distribution or projects quantity into which you will embed library.

more about licensing you can find by link: http://www.artfulbits.com/Products/Licensing.aspx
ArtfulBits Team
Product Director
spradeesh
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:20:14 PM

Hi Alex

Thanks alot. Soon my sales people will get in touch with you guys. Before going to proceed, some of my users are having blackberry 8330 ( Ver 4.3 ) and 8830 ( Ver 4.2 ). I feel these OS versions will not support your chart as per specifications in your site. Is there any alternative for this ?

Thanks
Pradeesh
alexk
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:52:42 PM

Hi Pradeesh,

I want to recommend buying of "1 year support subscription" - that will guaranty you that we will assign resources that will try to help you with those platforms.

Platforms have limitations, so it is highly possible that some chart types will not be available. But support subscription guaranty you code modification from our side that will try to cover your needs for 100%.

Thanks,
Good Luck
ArtfulBits Team
Product Director