whitespace COMPANY whitespace SERVICES whitespace PRODUCTS whitespace PURCHASE whitespace SUPPORT whitespace CONTACTS whitespace Home whitespace Contact Us whitespace Site Map whitespace
whitespace
SUPPORT
whitespace
FORUM
whitespace
FAQS
whitespace
SUBSCRIPTION
whitespace
REQUEST ON-LINE
whitespace
whitespace

Technical Support Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Software Feedback Options · View
furiuzmnky
#1 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 1:47:39 AM

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Myself and another staff member have just begun using the trial and have found a few things that we would like to ask about. I see there is a post for a version 2.0. Can you update us on the status of this update and if this is still coming as it was so long ago?

Notes:

• Folders Tab - When the tree is collapsed and the box is unchecked it doesn’t uncheck all the subfolders. This means that each folder (which there are hundreds of) has to be manually unchecked as only the Public folders are of interest. Not the Mailbox or Archive tree’s.

• Does the countdown for the next occurrence of the notifier popup start counting from when the current one closes? If the time period is short, as soon as it is closed another opens. Is the currently open popup (for unread items) updated if it is open at the time of the next update?

• Read Items Scan has a typo in the message *addding* has an extra d

• Retain size and location of resized/moved popup window once closed.

• Is it possible to integrate the notifications into a pane within Outlook? Perhaps under the mail preview pane? This would allow the use of the Mail sidebar view without needing to use the Folder List view to view the public folders (An Outlook usability issue).

• Is it possible to add customisation options for the notification pane, and allow resizing of the pane when it displays an individual email.

• Ability to disable a notification option for new item or unread if usage requires this.

Thanks for your time. At this stage the software appears to be our best solution.

James
forumadmin
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 01, 2010 11:12:25 AM

Groups: Administrators

Hi James,

Please excuse for huge delay.

PFW Release is very close. We are now updating web site for new release. You can contact our support team support@artfulbits.com for getting PFW 2.0 release version.

And answers on all your questions:
1) To Un-check all folders hierarchy please use popup/context menu. It contains required functionality

2) Not always. PFW contains queue of notification messages, each message has ability to check own state: is it valid for showing or not? So when outlook shows next notification from queue, it ask state of the notification and if state requires showing, then you will see notification window.

I am recommending to tweak a little "Time Spans" in Option Dialog. I hope you will find required combination of intervals.

3) Fixed!

4) We are thinking about placing "pin" button on form that will allow end customer to customize position of all notification windows. Planned for next (2.1) release.

5) It's a pity but Outlook API do not allow to implement such functionality. Only serious hacks allows to implement that (hooks, embedding of windows, etc.).

6) Will be included into next version.

7) I will be very glad if you post more details about this use case.

Thanks,
Good Luck
ArtfulBits Support Team
Join us on Facebook, Linkedin
Be SharePoint! Be Mobile! Be ArtfulBits!
alexk
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:02:02 PM

New version released! Please download and activate.

P.S. Uninstall 2.0 beta if you use it first.
ArtfulBits Team
Product Director
Mario
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:27:42 PM

Could I post some feedback on my initial thoughts, on using PFW

On the whole the product may possibly be what I am looking for. My inital impressions are ( of Version 2 Build 1.0 )

1. Descriptions of what the options and functions do, during configuration would be helpful. I am still trying to work out what "reuse active explorer" means, as well as "read own messages"

2. the Time Spans are (I believe) in HH:MM:SS. I could not tell from the interface so I did a fair amount of guesswork, as I originally thought it was DD:HH:MM. Maybe a poor assumption on my part, but our organisation requires alerts to be displayed for a long time until they are dealt with.

3. Access time for PFW to assess is a slow connection is not anything that users would know. Not sure if this feature can be removed.

4. Folder selection was difficult until a previous forum message described the context menus

5. As yet, I still have not got the alert sounds to work

6. The popup notification is a little confusing but I suspect this is to do with the timeouts.
What is hoped for is the folder scan to detect unread messages, and display a popup notification. I was expecting that clearing the notification would be denied for a period, but setting the unread message notification for (say) 30 seconds, the notification would stay for that period, and would then automatically clear on timeout. If the folderscan is of a similar scan period, the notification just comes back.

would an option to enable or disable the notification timeout become available? A tick box could be provide to ignore the timeout for an unread message, and just display all the time until the message is read?

In Summary, a help section or a simple user guide, either as a file or integrated into the product would be helpful.

I would also like to ask if activation is needed per installtion, or is a corporate version available. Mainly because all software in our organisation is packaged, and delivered by Microsoft SCCM, and this is how our business is supported.

do you have a view on this?

I hope the feedback is useful, but generally its a good product that we hope to use.
regards
Mario