whitespace COMPANY whitespace SERVICES whitespace PRODUCTS whitespace PURCHASE whitespace SUPPORT whitespace CONTACTS whitespace Home whitespace Contact Us whitespace Site Map whitespace
whitespace
SUPPORT
whitespace
FORUM
whitespace
FAQS
whitespace
SUBSCRIPTION
whitespace
REQUEST ON-LINE
whitespace
whitespace

Technical Support Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Cross-Site Lookup Field in Microsoft Access Options · View
jonscarpa
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 12:04:23 AM

Groups: Registered

Is there anyway to update the Cross-Site Lookup Field in Microsoft Access? I use Microsoft Access to write data update queries to pull from our Accounting System. It would be great if I could update this field using a query if needed???

I think this is the same problem people have with using the field in datasheet view. Was wondering if there is a work around to allow Ms Access to edit / update that field correctly.
stets
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 1:23:50 PM

Yes, it is the same problem as using custom fiels in datasheet view. As a workaround you can use Cross-Site Lookup "Convert" feature (convert to standard SharePoint lookup, edit values in Microsoft Access, and than convert back to ArtfulBits Cross-Site Lookup with no doubt - it is safe operation).
jonscarpa
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:26:28 PM

It's been so AWESOME that you guys have updated the fields so we can edit in datasheet. This saves us tons of time on mass items.

Bigger question still remains there are times I want to be able to edit/update these fields in Microsoft Access, often using an update query to do so, pulling data from another ODBC data source.

Is there any way to make editing these custom fields in Access possible? Please :)
Eugene
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:37:38 PM

Groups:

We are working on this feature and we already have some know-hows regarding how to implement this.
Anyhow this feature is quite time-consuming and is not at the top of our internal feature list queue.

Anyhow, we plan to release this feature in late 2010.
jonscarpa
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:01:15 PM

This feature would be huge for us, right now the Artful bit columns are GREAT for quick one-off lookups. But for editing items by an action qry or in a mass fuction we have to use Ms Access.

If there is anyway this is possible to allow editing the normal Artful Bits custom fields in Access without having to convert back & forth (losing the fuctionality on the sharepoint site), please let me know. Thank you!
jonscarpa
#6 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 6:30:02 PM

Any update on this? I really need to be able to also edit your custom fields on an Microsoft Access qry! I know you guys said late 2010, is there a beta of this feature I can help you test?
Eugene
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 12:12:07 PM

Groups:

Hi,

We are planning to release the feature as separate product. We'll distribute it as a SharePoint Solution Package. Time-frame for beta available is mid-November.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.
jonscarpa
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2011 1:29:04 AM

It's 2011, any update on this? I really need to be able to also edit your custom fields on an Microsoft Access qry! I know you guys said late 2010, is there a beta of this feature I can help you test?
jonscarpa
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:17:09 PM

Any update on this?
Eugene
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:59:01 PM

Groups:

Hello,

We are glad to announce release of our new product ArtfulBits Column Data Adapter moving ArtfulBits columns for SharePoint to enterprise level and giving them ability to connect to Access and Excel applications:
http://www.artfulbits.co...column-data-adapter.aspx