whitespace COMPANY whitespace SERVICES whitespace PRODUCTS whitespace PURCHASE whitespace SUPPORT whitespace CONTACTS whitespace Home whitespace Contact Us whitespace Site Map whitespace
whitespace
SUPPORT
whitespace
FORUM
whitespace
FAQS
whitespace
SUBSCRIPTION
whitespace
REQUEST ON-LINE
whitespace
whitespace

Technical Support Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Email webpart and attachments Options · View
kimhauge
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:00:53 AM

Groups: Registered

Hi, I have recently downloaded the Email Webpart trial version and I was wondering if there is a way to send an email with attachments? Confused

For instance, when using it on a document library it would be nice to be able to attach the document(s) from the current row selection. The same would be appreciated when sending email from a list, where the currently selected item(s) has an attachment.
E.g. something like [Attachment] in the email body. BigGrin

It would also be nice if the user could combine the [Column name] template with one or more attachments from a regular file browser dialog as well (from disk).

Best regards,
Kim
Eugene
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:09:16 PM

Groups:

Hi Kim,

Unfortunately we do not have such functionality right now. But the idea is great and we've planned to add such features around mid-February.
Please stay tuned for updates.
kimhauge
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:16:01 PM

Great! BigGrin
And thx for the fast reply, appreciate it.
kimhauge
#4 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 12:19:02 PM

Eugene wrote:
Hi Kim,

Unfortunately we do not have such functionality right now. But the idea is great and we've planned to add such features around mid-February.
Please stay tuned for updates.

Hi again Eugene,

I have looked at the changes in version 1.2 of the Email Webpart. Those changes seemed at first glance to solve my SharePoint list emailing problems, however since it is only allowed to link to the attachments in the SP list, I can not use the webpart when emailing customers outside the company (since they won't have access to the attachment through the linked internal sharepoint url)....
Would it be possible to introduce an webpart option where you could tick off that option and get a physical copy instead of a link to the attachment (from the currently selected row in the SP list) in the outgoing email?

Also, the list column mappings for "Subject and "Email content" works great, but would it also be possible to use the same column mappings in the "To, CC and BCC" fields as well? If so, that would make the life easier for the users, since they would then no longer be required to maunally copy the customer email address from the SharePoint list and place it in the "To" field of the webpart themselves :)

Furthermore, the Email userguide talks about the ability to show/hide the "To, CC and BCC fields" (page 6 I believe) However, I did not seem to find the option to hide those fields...only to make them non-editable.

Best regards,
Kim
stets
#5 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 3:31:42 PM

Hello Kim,

1) Sending Attachment body is interesting feature and we have added it to our internal feature list queue. This feature will be included in Email web part Professional Edition and will be released in the second half of August.

2) To add column mapping to "Email To" box just check corresponding columns in "Send To" section under "Users & Groups based on data from the following columns:" label.

3) If you do not want to use CC and/or BCC boxes, you can uncheck "Add CC box" and/or "Add BCC box" check boxes. Or, do you want to add CC or BCC with values set but to hide them from users?

- Regards,
Yura
kimhauge
#6 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 4:14:41 PM

Hello Yura and thank you for your reply :)

stets wrote:

1) Sending Attachment body is interesting feature and we have added it to our internal feature list queue. This feature will be included in Email web part Professional Edition and will be released in the second half of August.

That is great news, looking forward to it Love

stets wrote:

2) To add column mapping to "Email To" box just check corresponding columns in "Send To" section under "Users & Groups based on data from the following columns:" label.

Hmm...When I think about it, it is probably because that field of mine is of type "simple line of text", it should probably be converted to the type "person or group" in order to make your webpart work in the way you specified
Smile

There are however some reasons why that column isn't of the type "person or group" already, but I will try to work around it
Smile

stets wrote:

3) If you do not want to use CC and/or BCC boxes, you can uncheck "Add CC box" and/or "Add BCC box" check boxes. Or, do you want to add CC or BCC with values set but to hide

I do want to use both Email-To, Email-CC and Email-BCC, but I do not want to show the Email-BCC field (always the same value) for my users, since there really is no need for them to know about it. Is that possible?
If not, perhaps you guys could implement a second checkbox beneath "Allow 'To:' edit", e.g. "Hide". Hiding it would of cource rule out any editing of that field from that user BigGrin

Best regards,
Kim
stets
#7 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 4:54:01 PM

OK, we will add ability to make hidden E-mail To, Cc, Bcc boxes from users too.
Stay tuned for updates.

- Yura
kimhauge
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 9:04:05 PM

Thank you, I will wait for the next version then.

Best regards,
Kim
stets
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:00:25 PM

Hello Kim,

I am glad to announce release of new version of Email Web Part.

We have added the following features:
- email Attachments support (ability to insert document files from SharePoint Web site to e-mail; option to attach current document or list item Attachments). This feature is included only in Professional Edition;
- added e-mail To box mapping with "Single line of text" column value (e-mail addresses);
- added ability to hide e-mail Cc and Bcc boxes from end users.

Please download Email Web Part v1.4 and upgrade it on your SharePoint environment.

Regards,
Yura
kimhauge
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:06:38 PM

Love
I will try it out as soon as I can.
Thx a lot Smile

Best regards,
Kim