Image 1: SharePoint 2010 License Manager Link
License Manager link at the Central Administration page for SharePoint 2010.
Image 2: SharePoint 2007 License Manager Link
License Manager link at the Central Administration page for SharePoint 2007.
Image 3: List of all ArtfulBits components
List of all ArtfulBits packs.
Image 4: License information
Image 5: License activation form
How to Use
After ArtfulBits License Manager is installed, go to the SharePoint Central Administration page:
Click on "ArtfulBits License Manager":
Click on "ArtfulBits License Manager":
This page shows all ArtfulBits installed products and their license statuses.
Click on product name to view license details.
If product is not licensed you can click "Enter License" link and enter license key (trial or full) into textbox.
For upgrading product edition click "Convert License" and enter new license of target product edition.
Pressing "Activate" button will verify the key and in case of verification success license status will be updated.
Note: in trial or unlicensed mode all product features are available for evaluation.
This way you will be able to try each and every feature available in the product line
which will give you good understanding of what feature set will be necessary for you and
it will be easier to come up with the decision which product edition should be purchased.
After trial period expiration full license should be purchased which will determine product edition and available (unlocked) feature set.
How to get my "FarmID" value?
There are several ways how to get your SharePoint Farm ID.
- Download FarmInfo.zip (ArtfulBits
utility for retrieving SharePoint FarmID)
- Run it on your SharePoint Server
The application dialog will look like this:
Output of commands execution will look like this:
How to convert ArtfulBits column to standard SharePoint column and back?
ArtfulBits Progress, Follow-Up, Category, DateTime and all ArtfulBits Lookups columns have "Conversion" feature.
ArtfulBits column can be converted from an existing SharePoint Column and can be converted to the standard SharePoint Column.
Convert from standard:
Convert to standard:
- Try to add needed ArtfulBits Column as usual
- On settings page expand "Column Conversion settings" section
- In drop-down control choose which standard column will be converted to ArtfulBits Column (will be empty when list doesn’t have proper columns)
- After selecting existing standard Column and clicking on “Covert” button - warring message will be shown
- Click "OK", and standard Column will be converted to ArtfulBits column
- Open settings page of existing ArtfulBits Column
- Click on "Convert" button in Column Conversion section
- Warring message will be shows, click “OK” button
- ArtfulBits column will be converted to standard SharePoint Column
How to enable Datasheet view support?
To enable Datasheet view mode support, make sure that ArtfulBits Column site collection feature is activated.
For DateTime, Progress, Category and Follow-Up columns editing in Datasheet is enabled by default.
To enable column editing for Parent Selector, Cross-Site Lookup and Cascaded Lookup do the following:
- Open column settings page
- Go to "Datasheet Compatibility Mode" section
- Choose "Allow Editing" option to enable column content editing in Datasheet view
I received error: Unable to cast object of type
Possible reason of this issue is conflict in versions of System.Web.Extensions
To fix the problem, do the following steps:
- Backup web.config of your web-site
- Add following code into assemblyBinding section of your web.config file:
- Restart IIS service
How to upgrade ArtfulBits SharePoint product to newer version?
- Just download new version of product from our site
- Unzip files and run "Setup.exe"
- Follow wizard steps and select "Upgrade" option
NOTE: Upgrade operation is safe and doesn't affect on existing user data.
Is ArtfulBits SharePoint product update free of charge?
Yes. You can upgrade to newer version within the same major version number completely free of charge.
For example, if you've purchased a license for any 1.xx product you can upgrade to any higher 1.yy version.
Higher major version will be licensed separately. So, version 2.0 will need a new license.
How to check if AJAX is installed on a server?
- Open Global Assembly Cache (GAC)
- Find System.Web.Extensions assembly
Which Lookup Column do I need?
See the following features comparison chart of ArtfulBits Lookup columns that helps you make the right choice: