This feature enhances standard Microsoft® SharePoint® calendar by providing On-the-Fly features of adding, deleting,
dragging, resizing, editing of appointments and events in Microsoft® Outlook® 2007 like style.
Installation of Enhanced Calendar Web Part is pretty straightforward - just
download installation package and run Setup.exe from it. ArtfulBits.WebParts.EnhancedCalendar.wsp
solution will be installed and deployed automatically. "Enhanced Calendar Web Part" and "Enhanced Calendar List"
features will be added to the specified site collections automatically.
Site collection features
Enhanced Calendar list
There are three ways for using this enhancement:
- 1) SharePoint standard calendars will have new options: Enable/Disable Enhanced Calendar. Clicking on
"Enable Enhanced Calendar" standard calendar will switch to "enhanced mode".
(List Settings > General Settings > Enable Enhanced Calendar)
- 2) To create new list instance of Enhanced Calendar.
(Site Actions > Create > Tracking > Enhanced Calendar)
- 3) Just add Enhanced Calendar Web Part on the same page as standard calendar.
(Site Actions > Edit Page > Add a Web Part)
Technical Info: Enabling Enhanced Calendar adds special web part to any calendar view present on the list. Disabling
deletes web part from list views.
Following properties of Enhanced Calendar Web Part allow controlling each of sub-features:
- EditItemTitle - enable/disable item title editing
- AddItem - enable/disable items adding
- DeleteItem - enable/disable items deleting
- DragItem - enable/disable items dragging
- ResizeItem - enable/disable items resizing
You can get
- v1.3 (February 25, 2010)
- IE8 support added
- Simple to activate mechanism added (add Enhanced Calendar Web Part on the same page as standard calendar)
- Support for any type of SharePoint list added (not only Calendar list)
- Support for different regional settings added (German and others)
- Element dragging look and feel improved
- Text clearing of not required field
- On-the-fly events disabled on page edit mode
- Improved Setup Wizard
- Icons improved
- All-day events editing fixed
- Feature activation problems fixed
- Disabling of Enhanced Calendar fixed
- Several minor issues fixed
- v1.1 (September 3, 2009)
- Recurring events support added. Recurrent events instances (editing/dragging/resizing/
deleting) is supported now
- Separate calendar web part is supported now (You can place calendar web part outside of list view page)
- Several minor issues fixed
- v1.0 (August 28, 2009)
- Initial release. Component provides "AJAX-like" functionality for on-fly adding, deleting, dragging, resizing,
editing of appointments and events
Please contact our Support Team if you have any questions or fill in the on-line
support form to leave your comments about the product.
Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries
Please fill in this simple registration form.
After that you will receive an e-mail with direct link to Free Enhanced Calendar downloadable archive.