BlackBerry UI Prototyping Stencils for MicrosoftВ® VisioВ® is a free product that's oriented on project managers and gurus
that participate in planning of the project as the first stage of development. We support ideas that planning at the beginning
of the project saves time and efforts in the future, and for most cases helps to identify problems earlier.
Significant part of the project planning is Graphical User Interface prototyping. From the one side it is the most important
part for all mobile applications and some teams spend weeks on UI design, from the other side, even graphics designer needs
understanding what application's screen can do. Which interactivity screen elements contain? What is the behavior of each
element on the screen? Developer can answer these questions, but visual style feeling is not always the same as end users
have. Developer should do stencils, designer should do the rest of the job. Our prototyping stencils helps project managers
complete UI prototype in few hours and show complete logical design of application UI to customer or graphics designer.
Early prototyping without writing a line of code can greatly help during project planning.
Stencils for Devices
- RIM BlackBerry 8300, BlackBerry OS 4.5
- RIM BlackBerry 9000, BlackBerry OS 4.6
- RIM BlackBerry 9500, BlackBerry OS 4.7
- RIM BlackBerry 9700, BlackBerry OS 5.0
- BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry OS 10
- BlackBerry Q10, BlackBerry OS 10
- Please, reference us in all documents you produce with stencil; it may be a simple phrase, like: "UI was designed
with help of ArtfulBits BlackBerry GUI Prototyping Stencils" somewhere in the document or simple reference to us in
about box of the final application.
- If you have a fix or have suggestion that will help all of us, please don't hesitate to send a note to our BlackBerry Team. We will be happy to update the stencil with your suggestions.
Installation and Usage
- Using of this stencil requires MicrosoftВ® VisioВ® 2003 or higher;
- Download the stencil archive from our web site;
- Unpack the archive into the folder of your choice;
- Start Visio and select required type of diagram (MicrosoftВ® WindowsВ® XP User Interface is preferable);
- File > Shapes > Open stencil ...
- Select previously downloaded stencil in the file open dialog.
- You are now ready for GUI prototyping!
- To edit complex controls such as image buttons, context menus, tab controls use double click.
- We intentionally made UI elements a bit different from the ones that BlackBerry has.
- Do not produce fake screens for community - the prototypes must be recognizable from others.
- This is just a prototyping! The prototype will not be the same as the final UI screens.
11/02/2013. Version 2.0: initial set of controls, basic and complex elements and several sets of icon masters for
new BlackBerry 10 GUI design. Archive contains Visio document with several sample screens from BlackBerry phones and samples
of Top-rated BlackBerry App Market application screens, constructed by elements from provided stencils.
06/05/2010. Version 1.0: initial set of controls and elements for BlackBerry GUI design. Archive contains Visio document
with several default screens from BlackBerry phones.
Supported controls: labels, buttons (Active/Inactive state switched, dark and light themed), menus (several variants) and
its elements like headers, menu items also themed and state-switch enabled, radio buttons, switchers, checkboxes, progress
bar, context menu, scroll arrows, images/bitmap field, tree control, list field, Date field. Icon sets for dark and light
themes for the action tabs and other control elements, basic applications' icon set. Samples of dialogs for various cases
(toasts, messageboxes, multi-option and confirmation dialogs).
Supported devices: RIM BlackBerry 8300, RIM BlackBerry 9000, RIM BlackBerry 9500, RIM BlackBerry 9700, BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry
Please contact our BlackBerry Team if you have any questions or fill in the on-line support form to leave your comments about the product.
Technical support is provided over on-line forums only. We will try to keep response time as short as possible. We guarantee
response in 48 hours (with only one exception - Ukrainian National Holidays. During holidays period response time can take
up to 72 hours).